What are the NTSE and KVPY exams?
Tue Dec 07, 2021
National Talent Search Examination is a national-level scholarship program organized by the NCERT [National Council of Educational Research Training] to evaluate the talent of the most deserving students. NTSE classes in Gorakhpur are helping the students to get the best of their caliber.
NTSE was started in 1963 to nurture nations' mindful brains at the 10th level.
- Candidates who have secured not less than 60% marks in class 9th are eligible to participate in the Stage I exam.
- The exam consists of 200 objective-type multiple-choice questions [100 questions in each section]. 1 mark is rewarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
- The exam paper is attainable in two languages: Hindi and English. Students can choose either Hindi or English language.
- The NTSE paper is divided into two parts: MAT [Mental Ability Test] and SAT [Scholastic Ability Test].
- The paper is conducted through offline mode and the total duration of the exam is 4 hours [2 hours for each section].
- The NTSE exam syllabus is based on class 9th and 10th academic syllabus.
- There are 3 main subjects for NTSE exam syllabus Science, Social Science, and Mathematics
- Science includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and Social Science include History, Civics, Geography, and Economics.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national-level scholarship program for deserving candidates organized by the department of science and technology of the government of India, aimed at promoting students to take up search careers in basic sciences. KVPY classes in Gorakhpur are also promoting students to take part in KVPY and get the best out of their caliber.
- KVPY exam duration is 3 hours which is conducted online.
- It is organized for standard 11th and 12th students.
- Class 11th studying students are also eligible for KVPY.
- It is organized once a year.
- It is organized in both languages i.e Hindi and English.
- The application fee for KVPY is rs. 1250 for Gen and OBC category, and rs. 650 for SC and ST category.